What is a Healthy Diet?
The Dietary Guidelines for Americans, describe a Healthy Diet as one that:
• Emphasizes fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products
• Includes lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts
• Is low in saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol, salt (sodium), and added sugars
Where to Find Nutrition Info on Campus
• Papa John's - nutrition info on menu
• Extreme Pita - poster at location
• Chick-Fil-A - nutrition info on menu
• Starbucks - pamphlets at location
• Jamba Juice - nutrition info on menu
• Subway - nutrition info on menu
• Qdoba - pamphlets at location
Residential Dining Halls:
• Rotating nutritional information with allergens is posted for the meals being served at each station
• Permanent nutrition lists for menu items that do not change on window clings at most stations
Nutrition Labeling: The residential restaurants have rotating nutritional information and allergens posted at all stations including permanent charts of menu items that do not change.
Nutritionists on Campus:
• Satiria Clayton, Sun Devil Dining Nutritionist - Click here to schedule an appointment
• Amanda Hagerman, Sun Devil Dining Nutritionist - Click Here to schedule an appointment
• Suzette Kroll, Campus Health Dietitian - Contact Student Health to schedule an appointment.